- This event has passed.
Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue
December 9, 2020 @ 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
SPSW is pleased to present its latest workshop, Vicarious Trauma and Compassion Fatigue presented by Dr. Barbara Meddin, a well known and respected social work practitioner, supervisor, and trainer.
This workshop is aimed at assisting human service workers to understand what vicarious trauma is and to develop the skills and knowledge required to realize they may be at risk of vicarious trauma or are experiencing it as a result of work they do.
Goals of the workshop:
- Identify what is the hard, stressful, or frustrating part of your job
- Ascertain what make you feel like you’ve had it, I’ve got to get out of here
- Understand what causes stress and burnout
- Appreciate how stress and burnout leads to vicarious trauma
- Become aware of what are the symptoms of stress and burnout
- Discover what you can do to deal with them
- Find out how you can take back control of your daily work and begin enjoying it again
WHO: Dr Barbara Meddin, social work practitioner, supervisor, and trainer.
WHEN: Wednesday 9th December, 2020 8.45am (9am start) to 4.30pm
WHERE: CPFS, Cannington, Mason Bird Building, 303 Sevenoaks, Cannington
For more information click here.