- This event has passed.
Social Anxiety Disorder
October 1 @ 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
SPSW is delighted to present this new workshop about Social Anxiety Disorder by Prof Peter McEvoy, a Senior Clinical Psychologist at the Centre for Clinical Interventions and a teaching and research Professor in the School of Psychology at Curtin University. He has experience running treatment groups, leading research projects and is a published author in the field of anxiety.
Social anxiety disorder (SAD) is one of the most common mental disorders, and it can have severely detrimental impacts on an individual’s ability to reach their social and occupational potential.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to feel confident they can:
• Assess for key cognitive and behavioural maintaining factors for SAD;
• Develop a cognitive behavioural formulation to guide an evidence-based treatment plan;
• Implement techniques to modify maintaining factors and successfully treat SAD;
• Adapt interventions for telehealth when required; and
• Evaluate the effectiveness of their intervention
When: Friday 1st October, 2021 – 8:45 am (registration) for 9:00am prompt start – 4:30 pm
Where: North West Metropolitan TAFE, Training Room A346
Cnr Richmond and Oxford Sts, Leederville
Who: Prof. Peter McEvoy (BSc(hons), MPsych(clin), PhD.)
For more information click here.
To register click here.