August 9 @ 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
We are excited to bring you a workshop presented by Dr Brendon Dellar on Motivational Interviewing. It is open to all human services practitioners.
This is an experiential workshop which looks at how workers can use motivational interviewing to help clients address issues such as addictions and dealing with PTSD.
What: This workshop will provide you with the opportunity to know and gain an understanding of:
- What is the internal state of someone seeking help and why is this important to understand.
- Be able to move beyond identification and diagnosis to collaborative formulation in Motivational Interviewing.
- Appreciate Motivational Interviewing in Action – Techniques for helping clients prepare for change.
- Use of imagery and chair work to enhance the impact of Motivational Interviewing as a therapy.
- Helping prevent relapse and creating independence.
Who: Dr Brendon Dellar is a Clinical Psychologist in private practice and an Adjunct Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology (Curtin University). His current role is as the Director of Cygnet Clinic, a large centre for psychological assessment and treatment.
When: Friday 9th August 2019 8.45am – for a prompt 9am start to 4.30pm.
Where: Key Assets Level 1/1 Puccini Ct, Stirling
Check event details here.
Register for the workshop here.