- This event has passed.
What Happened to You?
March 26 @ 8:45 am - 4:30 pm
What Happened to You? An emerging model challenging the “what’s wrong with you” paradigm.
SPSW is delighted to present this new workshop with Dr Bill Saunders. Psychiatry is based on the diagnosis and treatment model. In this new perspective there is no diagnosis; only understanding. This paradigm, known as the trauma informed approach, is steadily replacing the hegemony of psychiatry and opens up the possibility of cheaper, more effective and more accessible services.
Want to know more? Then come to the What Happened?” workshop “and be involved in creating better mental health care.
On completion of the workshop participants will have an enhanced understanding of:
• the limitations of the traditional What’s wrong with you? psychiatric model of mental health care;
• the importance of a What Happened? trauma informed perspective;
• the impacts of adverse childhood experiences;
• how to measure adverse childhood experiences; and
• how to better manage the impacts of adverse childhood experiences.
WHO: Dr Bill Saunders, experienced Clinical Psychologist who has been an academic and clinician specialising in addiction studies.
WHEN: Friday 26th March 2021, 8:45 registration for prompt start at 9.00 am – 4:30 pm
WHERE: Department of Child Protection and Family Support, Mason Bird Building, 303 Sevenoakes St, Cannington
For more information click here.
To download the registration form click Registration.